Car Parking at Macclesfield Hospital
Since 2014 there has been a camera-controlled car park management system (Parking Eye) in operation at Macclesfield District General Hospital.
The new system has several advantages:
- No need to pay and display
- Improved accessibility for patients
- Reduced dangerous and inconsiderate parking
- More ways to purchase parking time
Blue Badge Holders are exempt from the car park charges and need to do the following:
- Produce your Blue Badge and provide your vehicle registration number at the main hospital reception. This only needs to be done once.
- If you renew your Blue Badge you must repeat the process so new details are entered onto the system.
- If you change your vehicle you must repeat the process so the new details are entered into the system.
- If visiting the hospital at weekends, please report to the A&E reception desk for initial registration onto the system.
Dropping Off and Collecting
The system allows 30 minutes for visitors to drop off or collect without the need for payment. Please note that this is strictly enforced and an overstay will result in a parking charge notice.
Ways to Pay
From Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019, a new simplified pay on exit system will operate at the site.
Patients and visitors should follow the guidance below to use the new car parking system:
- Arrive in the car park and find a space
- Attend your appointment / visit
- When you are ready to leave, go to one the kiosks which are sited immediately outside of the hospital entrances or the kiosk sited under the decked car park
- Enter your full vehicle registration number into the kiosk
- Select the photo of your vehicle
- Make payment
- Return to your vehicle and leave the hospital site
Tariffs for Parking (visitors without a Blue Badge)
- First 30 mins -Free of charge
- 30 Minutes- 4 hours £3.50
- 4 hours – 12 hours £6.00
- 7 Day Ticket £12.00
For further assistance, the Travel Plan Co-ordinator is available weekdays 8.30 – 17.00 on 01625 663845
NB - Parking Charges
Failure to comply with the site terms and conditions will result in the Parking Charge Notice of £70 being issued. This charge will be reduced to £40 if paid within 14 days. If you wish to appeal the PCN, you should appeal directly to the NHS dedicated Appeals Team who are based at Parking Eye using the following link: - www.parkingeye.co.uk/appeal
- Parking at Macclesfield Hospital 141.8 KB