Access to Work
Access to Work is a type of grant that provides practical and financial support to help overcome work related barriers. It can also help employers by giving them practical advice and guidance to help them understand physical and mental ill health and how they can support employees.
Access to Work is only available if the employer is based in England, Scotland or Wales. There is a different system in Northern Ireland. As of 1st October 2015, the Access to Work grant is capped at a different rate each year – From April 2021 to March 2022 the current capped rate is £62,900.00
You can apply for Access to Work if you:
- Are 16 or over.
- Have a disability or have a health condition (physical or mental) that impacts your ability to work.
- Are about to start a job; a work trial; or in a paid or self-employed job.
The grant can help pay for items or services you need, including:
- adaptations to the equipment you use
- special equipment or software
- British Sign Language interpreters and video relay service support, lip speakers or note takers
- adaptations to your vehicle so you can get to work
- taxi fares to work or a support worker if you cannot use public transport
- a support worker or job coach to help you in your workplace
- a support service if you have a mental health condition
- disability awareness training for your colleagues
- the cost of moving your equipment if you change location or job
Access to Work can also help assess whether your needs can be met through reasonable adjustments by your employer.
If you think you can get help from Access to Work, please contact:
Access to Work
Telephone: 0800 121 7479
Textphone: 0800 121 7579
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Please follow the links below for more information:
- Access To Work 134.13 KB