Provide services to empower disabled people, those with long term health conditions, vulnerable adults and Carers to improve their lives and wellbeing.
We wish to challenge and change attitudes so that society is fair and inclusive and everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and achieve their full potential.
- Friendly - You will always be greeted with a kind face and a smile
- Independent – We will give you clear advice based on your individual circumstances
- Inclusive – We promote equal opportunities
- Accomplished – We have the skills, understanding and experience to help you
- Dedicated – We always go the extra mile
- Confidential – We treat your information with respect
- Impartial – We deliver fairly to all
- Recognise achievement – We celebrate success in overcoming barriers
Long term Goals 2017-2020
We have set each goal and how we will measure this
Deliver a quality service for disabled and vulnerable people
- Gain at least a 95% good to excellent satisfaction rate from customer surveys
Help disabled people and vulnerable adults have their Voice heard and influence public attitudes and behaviours towards disability
- Becoming a fully fledge DPULO (Disabled Persons User Led Organisation) with 50% of volunteers and staff with a disability and 75% of the Board
- Be responsive to service users and the local disabled community by carrying out surveys, focus groups, and questionnaires to collect their views and feed to appropriate stakeholders and into our annual report.
- Real life stories are used to promote the reality of disability on social media, in newsletters and to stakeholders and commissioners.
To help disabled people and vulnerable people live independently
- 15000 handbooks delivered across Cheshire East listing all local services that support disabled people and provide electronically on our website
- Offering an Information and advice service to ensure that people get the right information to be able to make choices and take control
- Promote digital inclusion by offering access to computers and learning.
- Access audits are promoted as an income stream to ensure more accessible venues and services in Cheshire East
Empower disabled people, those with long term health conditions and vulnerable people to improve their employment opportunities
- Ensure all disabled and vulnerable people using our services are made aware of learning and employment support opportunities.
- Offer accessible learning opportunities (subject to funding)
- Offer (subject to funding) employment support and mentors
Be a valued partner of choice for other organisations, helping to improve disabled and vulnerable people’s lives
- Work with partners with common goals through services and collaboration.
- Meet or exceed contractual targets
- Gain at least a 95% good to excellent satisfaction rate from partners’ surveys